COVID-19 and Home Inspections
We’ve seen a lot of unprecedented events over the past few weeks related to the coronavirus outbreak and we’re staying current with this ever-changing situation. At Four County Home Inspection Services the safety of our clients, ourselves and the safety of the occupants of the homes we inspect are of the utmost importance. I want to share with you what we are doing as a company to help keep everyone safe.
While we typically encourage our clients to attend the home inspection, we are temporarily changing that request. We are no longer encouraging our clients to join us at the inspection. Instead, we’ll have a brief call at the end of the inspection to sum up our findings and then later conduct a phone review of the inspection with the client. If our clients insist on attending, we will allow it, but are no longer encouraging it. In addition, only the client(s) and their real estate agent may attend the inspection and cannot bring others along.
While on site our inspectors will take the following steps to help maintain a sanitary environment in people’s homes:
- Wash hands multiple times during every inspection, especcially after touching things like faucets and door handles.
- Bring hand towels for drying our hands.
- If available, we’ll keep hand sanitizer nearby and use it when needed.
- If available, use disinfecctant wipes or the equivalent on faucets and door handles.
- We will not shake hands or bump fists.
- We will avoid touching our faces.
- If requested by the seller, our inspector will wear a mask during the inspection.
- If our inspector has a fever or cough, we will not conduct the inspection.
These steps apply to all Four County Home inspectors as well as any third party radon technicians. We will also ask that our clients do not touch anything in the home, and if they are showing any signs of illness request that they not attend.
With schools closing and kids being left home alone, it’s important to note that our policy is, and always has been that we will not enter a home with minors present unless a second adult is present.
Thank you for your understanding.
Reprinted with permission from Reuben Saltzman